10.12.2007

elegance without stuffiness

nestled comfortably in the heart of downtown salt lake, the martine restaurant is my pick of the week for high end food for a less than exuberant price (slightly less). i can't say exactly when, but at some point earlier this week i decided i would, in the near future, totally splurge on a selfish, no holds barred culinary excursion. with a little help from the internet, i located martines, and honestly, i can't think of a better place to blame (apart from myself) for the current dent in my wallet.
because i was in an adventurous mood, i daringly, if not slightly hesitantly, ordered a unique fare which ,before the present time, had never before chartered the drooling waters of my curious mouth. so complex and harmonious were the flavors that i feel completely inadequate to describe them. let it suffice to say that among the fried escargot, artisan bread, and seared duck, a rainbow of taste completed the palette as well as that part of my soul that belongs to food. in a word: transcendant, and i haven't even touched on the atmosphere or presentation. truly this is a place you will just have to experience for yourself.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

K- I am in love with this blog already.. keep it comin! And if you ever need to share your food experiences...like in person.... I am down!

Jenn said...

Clearly, Ratatouille had a greater effect on you than I thought it would. That was fabulous!