9.17.2009

the doldrums of blogging and my solution.

Rather than think of all the reasons (re: excuses) for not updating my blog besides that fact that no one probably reads it, I feel the need to dive back into it; not only because I have been to so many great restaurants that are off the beaten path, but because I need to write and practice my writing. I have recently got a promotion at the newspaper where I work and want to improve not only my skill but my confidence in my writing. In truth, the main reason I never post is because it's high pressure to meet my own expectations pairing my culinary adventures with quality writing. It's overwhelming for me; like trying to pair a wine with a cheese for royalty. Actually, last time I tried to impress royalty (re: local prominent citizen) as a waiter at an upscale restaurant, it ended with Petite Syrrah (dark red wine) all over her white cashmere sweater and a tartar sauce shower for her husband. That may be a blog post story for another time but the lesson and hopefully the solution to my scant blog postings is this: to remember that a blog need not be so formal or perfect and the frequency of posting would improve what I am so nervous to accomplish (and over-do): literary cuisine. So here goes. cheers to you readers and happy blogging. happier eating.

5 comments:

Stuart said...

Keep posting, it gets easier I promise! :) I always read your reviews :)

--
Stuart
http://www.gastronomicslc.com

Shannon said...

oh please share the story about the wine and the tartar sauce. That just sounds like too much fun!

Jenn said...

Silly Joseph, of course you have readers! (And you write more proficiently than you think). Thanks for sharing!!!

Jason said...

congrats on the promotion! and keep up the writing!

Joe said...

Hey Joe, thanks for the inspiration/advice. I just started my own blog and I am feeling that same pressure for the first time and working my way through it as well.

--
Joe
www.PonderGarden.com