12.29.2010

Small town burgers are usually good (part II)

So small town burgers are usually good...except this one in Green River, Utah. This one is great! It doesn't take long to realize that Ray's Tavern is an icon of this small town, a staple both for locals and the nature lovers who flock to Green River to recreate. The half-pound behemoth with a flock of fries is big enough to share, but tasty enough not to. Loosen your belt, you're burning tons of calories river rafting anyway. Seriously, this burger means business, and it may be the best, authentic, home-made, diner-fresh burger I've ever sunk my pearly whites into. The town of Green River is small enough that you can't miss it—It's across the street from the only grocery store. The fries weren't bad either: big steak cut, not too greasy. Of course it's still in Utah so there is fry sauce to be had, but it's rural Utah so there is also beer on tap. (OK there is beer on tap anywhere in the state, let's not propagate the stereotype too much). I don't know Ray, and I don't drink beer, but I dig his Tavern down there in Green River and I'm totally devoted to his beefy burger. I'll be back Ray...I'll be back.

No comments: